Let’s cut to the chase.
You want to know what content marketing is and why it’s important.
This article will break it all down in a language that’s easy to understand.
Let’s get started.
What is Content Marketing?
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is the elaborate process of creating content that ranks well online and draws attention to your business.
The “content” aspect involves writing and optimizing content, such as:
- Blog posts
- SEO articles
- Case Studies
The “marketing” aspect is promoting the content organically on Google and Bing, through email outreach, guest posting, and social media.
Why is Content Marketing Important?
To understand the importance of content marketing, place yourself in the mold of a consumer.
Let’s start with B2C audiences.
Alright, let’s say that you’ve been involved in a serious car accident the other driver caused.
You’re injured, hopeless, and want to know how you can recover the damages to make your situation better.
You go online to learn what to do after a car accident.
Online, you’ll see articles written by personal injury attorneys, outlining the steps to take after your accident:
After reading the article, the law firm comes in for the kill and encourages you to give them a call:
This is what content marketing is.
This education blog post ultimately promotes the business itself.
For B2B audiences, content marketing is just as effective.
Executives looking for a way to automate their marketing processes can read this article by HubSpot and focus on the brilliant call-to-action (CTA) at the end:
As you can see, content marketing is a great way to transform educational content into a successful converting tool.
10 Content Marketing Stats You Should Know in 2021
Want to learn more about content marketing?
Here are some impressive content marketing stats in 2021 that will help turn you into a believer:
- 92% of businesses view content as an important asset.
- 70% of marketers care more about content quality than quantity.
- Content marketing generates 3x as many leads as outbound marketing while costing 62% less.
- Marketers who employ a content marketing strategy have conversion rates nearly 6x higher than those who don’t.
- 51% of online content is read on a search engine.
- Marketers who really prioritize content marketing are 13x more likely to see positive ROI.
- Long-form content (above 3000 words) generates 3x more traffic, 4x more shares, and 3.5x more backlinks than other content.
- List articles receive 2x more shares than other content.
- 51% of marketers say that updating old content has produced massive results.
- 55% of companies say that content marketing is their top inbound marketing priority.
Hire a Content Marketing Specialist Today!
Are you interested in creating a new content marketing strategy for your business?
Or, does your current strategy need to be revamped?
Contact me today so we can discuss ways to create engaging content for your brand.